Saturday, June 2, 2012

Seeking a Full Life


This video had a profound impact on me the first time I watched it and continues to impact me each time I see it.  Brene Brown has quickly risen to one of the most influential people in my life that are outside my sphere of personal connection.  Her two Ted Talks (one above and the other here) and last book (The Gifts of Imperfection) took me to exciting new places and deeper depths of understanding.  In less than a year she has gone from unknown to me to a level of real estate previously occupied only by my hero of the last 15 years Cornel West.  The common impact of both Dr. West and Dr. Brown is the way their words, written and spoken, leave me reflecting and seeking meaning long after they have been consumed.  They have a way of linking my head and heart in ways that help me understand myself, others, and the greater world around me more clearly and fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment