Sunday, June 3, 2012

Did You Miss Something?

I love movies.  I have seen and own more than most people I know and fewer that true cinema buffs.  I frequently find that most people under the age of 40 have missed some pretty amazing and important films.  A full list would take too much time to pull together, but here is a list of five such films currently available on Netflix Streaming.

The Graduate (1967)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
The Exorcist (1973)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
Airplane! (1980)

Here is a famous and wonderful scene from the movie The Graduate:


I have also found that some fantastic films made in the 1990's have also been missed by many people because they do not run one weekend a year on TNT, USA, or some other cable network.  Again, each of these films is currently available on Nexflix Streaming.

Strictly Ballroom (1992)
In the Name of My Father (1993)
Sliding Doors (1998)
Very Bad Things (1998)
Being John Malkovich (1999)

I own nine of these ten movies on standard DVD (missing Airplane!).  If you have regular opportunities to interact with me, I would be happy to share any of these DVDs with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment